We’re here again!
In this week’s show:
- We discuss the news
- Microsoft is a Jekyll and Hyde figure within the Open Source world:
- Dell has launched it’s 5th generation Project Sputnik laptops running Ubuntu
- One million free TLS certificates have now been issued by Let’s Encrypt, three months since launch
- Ubuntu 16.04 is dropping AMD fglrx drivers
- Fedora Workstation working group decided they’re still not quite ready for Wayland
- Linaro have announced the rollout of an ARM-based developer cloud
- We discuss the community news and events:
- Help make GNOME Software, or just ‘Software’ beautiful
- Stéphane Graber says LXC, LXD and LXCFS 2.0 final releases are getting closer
- The Ubuntu Documentation write the longest email ever
- Ubuntu Touch is being ported to Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Android phones
- OggCamp 2016 announcement
- FOSS Talk Live – Saturday 6th August – London
- DjangoCon Europe – 30th March to 3rd April – Budapest, Hungary
- We discuss playing with Snappy on the Raspberry Pi, and watching long, old films for many hours at the Prince Charles Cinema.
- This weeks cover image is from Charles D P Miller.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our sub-Reddit.