We’re here again, all of us!
In this week’s show:
- We discuss the news
- Following his departure from OwnCloud, Inc. Frank Karlitschek has announced the formation of NextCloud
- IndieGoGo has announced a partnership with Arrow Electronics
- F1 2015 available on Steam for Linux & SteamOS
- Microsoft has stuck a patent deal with chinese manufacturer Xiaomi
- In a case remenisent of NPM’s “breaking the internet”, more online package services have caused problems for downstream projects
- Microsoft have revealed some information about how The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) (LXSS) works. TL;DR It’s complicated.
- Mark Zuckerberg has had his password breached for his Twitter and Pinterest accounts
- We discuss the community news:
- Snapcraft 2.9 and snapd 2.0.5 released.
- A systemd developer has requested that tmux and similar projects add code to support systemd’s new way of handling detached processes.
- Instagram kill the Instagram scope for Ubuntu Phone.
- UbunTuTu – adb for Human Beings
- With wireless convergence on the PRO 5, Ubuntu Phone levels up
- QNAP selects snaps and Ubuntu to bring IOT apps to its NAS
- Confidence, Instinct, and Knowing When to Fight Back: An Interview with Canonical CEO Jane Silber
- And some events:
- We discuss adding wireless network to marvin and hacking dinosaurs on the Isle of Wight.
- This weeks cover image comes from Wikimedia.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our sub-Reddit.