In this week’s show:
We look at what’s been going on in the news:
- GitLab has announced it will be shipping Mattermost, a self-hosted chat application, alongside its flagship code hosting software.
- IBM is expanding support for Linux on mainframes with a few new initiatives announced today, including plans for an Ubuntu distribution.
- The Commodore Amiga 1000 is 30 years old
- Mozilla has announced that it will be changing the way Firefox addons are implemented
- It’s been noted by various technology news sites this week that a story about airport baggage handling posted late last year included a picture of the master keys used by TSA officials.
- Linux is 24 today.
We also take a look at what’s been going on in the community:
- GTK is difficult
- Unity overlay scrollbars are going.
- Feeling creative? Enter your work in the Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase
There are even events:
That’s all for this week, please send your comments and suggestions to: [email protected]
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-podcast on Freenode
Follow us on Twitter
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google+