In this week’s show:
We look at what’s been going on in the news:
- There’s an experimental build of Unity Editor for Linux!
- Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, Cisco, Intel, Netflix, and Amazon have launched a new consortium, the Alliance for Open Media
- Mycroft, open source’s answer to Google Now and Amazon Echo, has reached its funding goal on Kickstarter.
- Mozilla is beginning to preview its iOS Firefox browser, with a roll out for testing in New Zealand.
- The Eagerly Awaited Raspberry Pi Display has gone on sale
- America’s broadband watchdog is suffering a backlash over plans to control software updates to Wi-Fi routers, smartphones, and even laptops.
- Oracle appears to be making redundancies in the ranks of its Java evangelists team.
We also take a look at what’s been going on in the community:
- Fork of the open-sourced Ubuntu One filesync code
- The Next Generation SDK
- Bringing Glucosio to Ubuntu Phone will help meet their goal of reaching as many people as possible with tools to help improve diabetes outcomes
- A free, libre and open-source webcomic…
There are even events:
That’s all for this week, please send your comments and suggestions to: [email protected]
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-podcast on Freenode
Follow us on Twitter
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google+