We’re here again!
In this week’s show:
- We discuss the news:
- Former OwnCloud Inc. employee Carla Schroder has published the other side of the OwnCloud/Nextcloud fork story
- €1.2 million funding for Open Source projects in Germany
- UK tops the UN’s e-government survey but the service is having political problems
- Google has added YouTube to their HTTPS Transparency report
- Researchers at Princeton have shown that Web APIs allowing sites to access your battery status provide a new vector for uniquely identifying a device and you can see a demo here
- We discuss the community news:
- A consolidated YAML network configuration across Ubuntu announced
- Distrowatch comprehensively reviews the Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition
- Distro contributors and developers have written up their experiences of attending the recent Snappy Sprint in Heidelberg
- Another week, another Skype update for Linux
- Ubuntu Touch OTA-12 includes Biometric Authentication for Meizu PRO 5
- We mention some events:
- We discuss doing a bit of parkrun tourism and working to the sound of a dehumidifier.
This weeks cover image is taken from Wikimedia.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our sub-Reddit.