It’s Episode Thirty-Three of Season-Nine of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson, Martin Wimpress and Emma Marshall are connected and speaking to your brain.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We are four once more!
In this week’s show:
- We discuss the news:
- Yahoo built specialised software to spy on users for the NSA
- Verizon reportedly looking for a $1 billion discount on Yahoo
- Facebook is launching Marketplace to take on eBay and Craigslist
- Amazon has banned reviews posted in exchange for free products
- BitTorrent, Inc has abandoned efforts on its BitTorrent Now streaming service
- A software developer has had their software removed from the App Store and their iTunes account closed
- A man from Cardiff has appeared in court charged with terrorism offences
- The Large Hadron Collider is running out of disk space
- We discuss the community news:
- Migrating from an i386 install to amd64 without reinstalling
- A document by Mir display server developers discussing what Mir version 1 will look like
- archlinux “adapted for WSL” first developer preview
- Skype for Linux Alpha Can Now Make Linux to Linux Video Calls
- A Poll that asks; Will You Upgrade to Ubuntu 16.10 Next Week?
- A Parody within a Parody
- The winners of the Ubuntu 16.10 Free Culture Showcase
- Snap interview with Krita
- Dell XPS 13 laptops with Intel Kaby Lake processors now available
- Plasma 5.8 LTS now in KDE neon
- Unity 8 Desktop Session Arrives in Ubuntu 16.10
- We mention some events:
- First LibreOffice 5.3 BugHunting Session – October 21st 2016
- Retro Gaming & Vintage Computer Day – October 24th 2016 – Flutterbies Tearoom & Coffee shop in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
- Ubuntu Online Summit – November 15th – 16th 2016
- UbuCon Europe – 18-20 November – Unperfekthaus, Essen, Germany
- We also discussed the Pi Zero, organising the Colorado LoCo Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety-Yak Release Party with System76 but not ZFS.
This weeks cover image is taken from Wikimedia.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-podcast on Freenode
Every time somebody steps back it is a bit sad. Not sure what the future holds for Laura on the Ubuntu Podcast but at least for now she will be missed. That said Emma is a wonderful addition. The show is a highlight of my week and always has the feel of sitting down to a cup of tea with friends and she seems to fit the relaxed and light hearted flow very nicely. Well done, and thanks to all for being here.
I do see your point on review-for-a-free-product but it also restrict Matthew Garrett’s free security/privacy audits of IoT devices (example https://www.amazon.com/review/ROA1PI0AOS7RJ/ ) He does have Patron page for donations but I fear pricey gadgets will miss opportunity of being flagged as a more-powerful-node-of-some-future-DDoS-botnet.
I recently tried broad spectrum CBD https://cbdforlife.us/products/cbd-original-rub for the ahead moment and I must say, I’m impressed with the results. I felt more relaxed and at nonchalance, and my anxiety was significantly reduced. The gummies tasted mammoth and were peacefully to consume. I’ll decidedly be using them again and would persuade them to anyone looking an eye to a health course to alleviate stress and anxiety.
I recently hired a contractor respecting some shelter renovations, and I must suggest that I am exceptionally gratified with their work – Noritz Contractors in Stevenson Ranch CA . They were trained, on time, and went exposed to and beyond to confirm that all was done to my satisfaction. They were also uncommonly communicative all the way through the entire convert, keeping me informed of any issues that arose and addressing them promptly. Entire, I quite propound this contractor to anyone in desideratum of quality clockwork and uncommon purchaser service. Thank you!
New-fashioned cannabis weed seeds cheap growers are spoiled for choice. There are more strains on the stock exchange than continually in the past, and many growers hold enchanted a liking to the new and improved election of autoflowers. Autoflowering genetics be dressed a plight to offer. There are varieties steep in CBD, exorbitant in THC, and those with a nice preponderance of both. That’s not to mention the improbable diversity in terpene profiles. But it’s not all sunshine and roses. Autoflower strains cause a master of advantages, but they also convey disadvantages that drive some growers off.