This week we’ve been live streaming on YouTube. We discuss upgrading home networks and optimising power line adapters, WiFi and broadband connections. A bumper crop of network-related command line love and all your wonderful feedback.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Martin has been live streaming on YouTube.
- We discuss upgrading and optimising home broadband, WiFi and power line adapters.
- The links below are Amazon affiliate links and will earn a commission, with no additional cost to you, in the event of purchases.
- TP-Link Archer AX6000 Next-Gen WiFi 6 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Cable Router
- TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT 2-Port Gigabit Powerline Starter Kit
- External Wifi Antenna 2.4G/5.8G 6dBi with RP-SMA Adapter Extension Cable
- WiFi Analyzer; optimize your WiFi network by examining surrounding WiFi networks, measuring their signal strength as well as identifying crowded channels.
iperf3; a tool for active measurements of the maximum achievable bandwidth on IP networks.
wavemon; an ncurses-based monitoring application for wireless network devices.
tracepath; traces path to a network host discovering MTU along this path.
nmtui; Text User Interface for controlling NetworkManager.
- We share another command Line Lurve:
sudo ss -tlp
- And we go over all your amazing feedback – thanks for sending it – please keep sending it!
- Image credit: Antonino Visalli
That’s all for this week! You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube. If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.