This week we have been teaching our children to build a PC. We discuss where in the world people talk about Ubuntu, bring you some command line love and go over a bumper crop of your wonderful feedback!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s Season 13 Episode 10 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Alan has been teaching his son how to build a PC.
- We discuss where people talk about Ubuntu.
- We share a command line lurve:
cod– COmpletion Daemon
source <(cod init $ bash) grep --help
- And we go over all your amazing feedback – thanks for sending it – please keep sending it!
- Joe’s (not that one) introductory Linux videos
- Pro Bash Programming, Second Edition by Apress. This link is an Amazon affiliate link and will earn a commission, with no additional cost to you, in the event of purchases.
- Image credit: Adhy Savala
That’s all for this week! You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube. If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.
I have fond memories of ubuntuforums.org being my go-to place when I started with GNU/Linux in 2008 – with Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon. The forum setup is excellent. 🙂
I’ve never taken to Ask Ubuntu.
Regarding websites blocking Ctrl-V, you sometimes find that the “select the text then middle click to paste” approach works. Users coming from other operating systems often don’t know about this handy shortcut, but once you get used to using it, it quickly becomes invaluable.