This week we’ve been playing with Steam and the Windows Terminal. We look back at how Ubuntu and evolved over the years, bring you some command line love and go over all your feedback.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s Season 14 Episode 28 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Mark has been using Windows Terminal.
- Alan has been playing with steam.
- We have a little Ubuntu retrospective.
- We share a Command Line Lurve:
- Bash web server – serve bash command output as a web page
pip install ansi2html while true; do echo -e "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\n\n$(top -n 1 | ansi2html)" | nc -l -k -p 8080 -q 1; done
- And we go over all your amazing feedback – thanks for sending it – please keep sending it!
- Image credit: Suu Amr
- We are running a crowd funder to cover our audio production costs on Patreon.
- You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.
Regarding your discussion on your experiences with Ubuntu. Mine was moving from Windows XP to Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon (Gnome2) on my main PC.
I started listening to the show about 12 years ago, and now your going away. Coincidence, i think so.
But I will miss you guys.
Also I am still hopeful that the wing commander will return, there’s still time.