We’re here again!
In this week’s show:
- We discuss the snap packaging format.
We share a Command Line Lurve
Clonezilla, which is an amazing way to copy bits from one harddisk to another.
And we go over all your amazing feedback – thanks for sending it – please keep sending it!
- Andy Smith at the brilliant Bitfolk upgraded our VPS data transfer allowance without us even asking! Go buy your VPS from them!
- Entroware have released another beast of a Laptop, worth looking into
- David Wolski told us how to monitor progress using
dditself. Here are the three examples he gave in the show:
sudo dd if=raspbian.img of=/dev/sdb bs=512 status=progress
pv bigfile.iso | md5sum
- Asa similarly emailed. Here are those examples too:
killall -USR1 dd
watch -n 5 "killall -USR1 dd"
- This weeks cover image is taken from Wikimedia.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our sub-Reddit.