We’re here again!
In this week’s show:
- We discuss the news:
- The Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee have decided once again that Fedora will use Wayland by default in the next release
- Microsoft have open sourced their PowerShell command line intepreter and released it for Linux and Mac OS
- Firefox 49 for Linux will let you watch Netflix and Amazon without plugins
- Google has confirmed their intention to penalise websites displaying those really annoying full-screen pop-over adverts
- Intel Joule board, targeted at Internet-of-Things and robotics, powered by Ubuntu Core
- Google is killing Chrome apps on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Linux is 25 years old
- We discuss the community news:
- Canonical has become a Patron of KDE e.V.
- Canonical Robert Ancell has announced snapd-glib
- GNOME Weather (also available on Unity and MATE) has stopped working
- There is a new application to set up and configure Razer keyboards on Linux
- Turtl is an open source alternative to Evernote or other note-keeping apps
- Rae Shambrook from Canonical’s design team has published a report on user testing for Online status display
- Pasi Lallinaho from the Xubuntu team has published a WordPress theme for Ubuntu community websites
- Ubuntu 16.10 Wallpaper Contest is now open for entries
- …and so is the Ubuntu 16.10 Free Culture Showcase!
- Yakkety Yak Beta 1 Released for participating flavours
- We mention some events:
- Barcamp Manchester – 24-25 September – CityLabs, Manchester, UK
- Teletext and Digitiser Festival – 1 October – Cambridge, UK
- CLSx Europe – 16 October – London, UK
- Egham Raspberry Jam – 16 October – Staines-upon-Thames, UK
- mini-DebConf Cambridge – 10-13 November – Cambridge, UK
- UbuCon Europe – 18-20 November – Unperfekthaus, Essen, Germany
- We also discuss using Charles and going on holiday in the rain with no electricity.
This weeks cover image is taken from Flickr.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our sub-Reddit.