This week we’ve been making a New Show and playing Ring Fit Adventure. We discuss Mark Shuttleworth on Ubuntu popularity and Canonical profitability, Ubuntu Core security audit, Groovy Gorilla is coming, Ubuntu Studio switches to KDE, Folder Colors adds Yaru support and Ubuntu Server has a self-updating installer. Plus we round up some of our favourite tech stories.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- We discuss the community news:
- Mark Shuttleworth talks about Ubuntu popularity and Canonical profitability.
- Cybersecurity firm Rule4 have done a security audit of Ubuntu Core as an IoT platform.
- Ubuntu 20.10 will be “Groovy Gorilla” and was named by one of the presenters.
- Ubuntu Studio switching desktop environments.
- Ubuntu Folder Colours in 20.04.
- Self-updating server installer.
- We discuss the news:
- Image credit: Robert Collins
That’s all for this week! You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube. If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.