This week we get crafty, discuss if Ubuntu is still exciting, bring you some command line love, round up all your wonderful feedback and visit ThinkPad corner.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Alan has been crafting.
- We discuss if Ubuntu is still exciting and if it should drop GNOME.
- We share a command line lurve:
vramfs– VRAM based file system for Linux
sudo apt -y install gcc libfuse3-dev make opencl-headers git clone https://github.com/Overv/vramfs cd vramfs make sudo cp bin/vramfs /usr/local/bin # Mount vram sudo mkdir -p /mnt/vram sudo vramfs /mnt/vram 2GB -d 0
- And we go over all your amazing feedback – thanks for sending it – please keep sending it!
- Image credit: Daniel Jensen
- We are running a crowd funder to cover our audio production costs on Patreon.
- You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.