This week we’ve been making a Linux powered Commodore 64 and coding with BlitzMax-NG. We discuss technology for kids, bring you a command live love and reply to all your wonderful feedback.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s Season 14 Episode 12 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Alan has been playing with BlitzMax-NG.
- Martin has made the most powerful Commodore My64 e-v-e-r!.
- We discuss the Yoto Player and technology for kids.
- We share a Command Line Lurve:d
gource– [https://gource.io/](software version control visualization)
gource -1280x720 --date-format %Y-%m-%d --seconds-per-day 0.025 --auto-skip-seconds 0.05 --no-time-travel --stop-at-end --highlight-users --max-user-speed 125 -r 30 -o - | ffmpeg -y -r 30 -f image2pipe -vcodec ppm -i - -vcodec libx264 -preset medium -pix_fmt yuv420p -crf 18 gource.mp4
- And we go over all your amazing feedback – thanks for sending it – please keep sending it!
- Image credit: Lynda Hinton
- We are running a crowd funder to cover our audio production costs on Patreon.
- You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.