It’s Episode Seven of Season Nine of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson, Laura Cowen and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We’re here again!
In this week’s show:
- We discuss the news
- Microsoft and Canonical have announced Ubuntu for Windows, a system allowing Linux binaries to run on Windows
- Linux outperforms Windows when running The Talos Principle on Vulkan
- Red Hat offers free Red Hat Enterprise Linux to developers
- Ubuntu is now available for IBM’s LinuxONE platform
- RMS weighs in with piece on ZFS and Linux licensing
- Google shuts down a server, some home proprietary automation kit becomes bricked
- We discuss the community news:
- Next gen XPS 13 developer edition available in Europe
- Ubuntu Community Donations report (Q3 2015)
- The Ubuntu IRC Council election results have just been announced – Congratulations to elky, flannel, hggdh, Tm_T, and Unit193
- Nominations to the Tech Board
- Ubuntu Budgie Remix sees beta release
- Ubuntu Make 16.03
- PPAs have been re-signed
- And some events:
- Egham Raspberry Jam – Sunday 24 April 2016 – Staines-upon-Thames, UK
- LinuxFest Northwest – 23-24 April 2016 – Bellingham, WA, USA
- Raspberry Jam at Blackgang Chine – Sunday 5th June, 10:30-13:30 – Isle of Wight, UK
- UbuCon Europe – 18-20 November – Unperfekthaus, Essen, Germany
- FOSS Talk Live – Saturday 6 August 2016 – Kings Cross, London, UK
- We discuss getting a new Thinkpad T450 and eating Easter chocolate.
- This weeks cover image is from The U.S. Army
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-podcast on Freenode
Leave a Reply