This week we’ve been using Unity and learning about code of conduct incident response. We bring you a bumper crop of news and events from the Ubuntu community plus we round up some of our favourite stories from the tech world.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s Season 12 Episode 21 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Mark has been using Unity.
- Alan has been on a training course for Code of Conduct Incident Response.
- We discuss the community news:
- We mention some events, all of which are sponsored by Ubuntu!
- Linux Application Summit: 11 to 15 of November 2019 – Barcelona, Spain.
- OggCamp: 19 to 20 of October 2019 – Manchester, UK.
- Akademy: 7th to 13th of September 2019 – Milan, Italy.
- We discuss the news:
- Image taken from Rebelstar Raiders published in 1984 for the ZX Spectrum by Red Shift Ltd.
That’s all for this week! You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube. If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.
I like Alan’s idea of ‘GNU IMP’ – although I like the name GIMP – I can see those less IT savvy people how they’d see it as an odd name.
I bought a refurbished Fairphone 2 a few months ago but will likely get the FP3 as my next smartphone (with Ubuntu Touch of course installed later). 🙂