This week we’ve been spying on our children and playing games on Twitch. We discuss the Ubuntu Community Council revival, GNOMEs new versioning scheme, Geary adding encryption support, Plasma 5.20, Xfce 4.16, Ubuntu Touch OTA-13 and Microsoft Edge coming Linux. We also round up our picks from the wider tech news.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s Season 13 Episode 27 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Mark has been setting up a nursery camera
- Martin has been playing Hotshot Racing, Her Majesty’s SPIFFING and Broforce on Wimpy’s World Twitch channel.
- We discuss the community news:
- Ubuntu Community Council to be revived
- New GNOME versioning scheme
- Geary: Transparent encryption and signing with GPG ( via Jeffrey Bouter on Telegram)
- Plasma 5.20 Beta
- Xfce 4.16 new features and improvements
- Microsoft Edge is coming to Linux in October
- Ubuntu Touch OTA-13 release
- We discuss the news:
- Image credit: Siora Photography
- We are running a crowd funder to cover our audio production costs on Patreon.
- You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to [email protected] or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.
I usually download each episode when it appears on the Distrowatch website, using “Save link as..” in Firefox. The last few weeks the download has repeatedly failed part way through. Same with trying to download it directly from your own website by the same method. I can click “download” and stream it immediately no problem, but I usually listen to the podcast offline. My only solution recently has been to get the stream URL via the VideoDownloadHelper add-on and then use wget. Even then it usually stops at some point and I have to resume the download.
It’s the same if I use chromium-browser as well.
I’m running ubuntu 20.04.